By ITIL® from Experience ©
“The Step-by-Step Guide to Building the CMDB” is comprehensive book to plan a CMDB project. Although it is published by BMC, the information is generic and very useful regardless of the ITSM tool you have.
Available from Amazon
Free for download from BMC: http://documents.bmc.com/products/documents/00/16/130016/130016.pdf (4.9 MB)
Published on: 2013-08-29
Last updated on: 2017-05-06
"A configuration item is an asset in its context."
- What are the top 10 mistakes when building a CMDB
- Should we automatically import auto-discovered CIs in the CMDB
- Why asking what you want to report on is the wrong way to implement a tool
- Which CIs to load first in the CMDB
- How many Configuration Librarian(s) do we need
- Is there a standard we can use for the CMDB structure
- Where to download a free introduction to ITIL v3
- Is there a book to help us get going with ServiceNow
From Around the Web:
- Tips for designing your Service Desk CMDB
- Are you implementing a CMDB or a Process?
- Start Building Your CMDB
Copyright 2013-2017 - ITIL® from Experience - D.Matte<HR>